The Public Health Association of South Africa (PHASA) is a voluntary organisation of individuals passionate about population health improvements and the reduction of health inequities, and whose work focuses on the prevention of disease, the promotion of health, and the improved functioning of the country’s health care system.
So please join PHASA and:
- Be part of the debates on public health and development issues.
- Contribute to and receive our quarterly newsletter.
- Meet other members of the public health community at our conferences and activities.
- Become a member of the World Federation of Public Health Associations (WFPHA).
As a PHASA member you are eligible to:
- Vote, nominate and be nominated and elected for the PHASA executive committee.
- Vote for resolutions at the PHASA Annual General Meeting.
- Start or join a Special Interest Group.
As a PHASA member your responsibilities are to:
- Adhere to the articles of association.
- Grow the discipline of public health in South Africa, thereby influencing global public health developments
Membership fee (from 1 March to end of February next year):
Students RSA/SACD R 150, Other countries $ 50
Others RSA/SACD R 300, Other countries $ 150
PHASA membership form